• MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning, implementing and controlling the efficient and effective forward and reverse flow of storage of goods between the point of origin and point of consumption.
• Co-ordination and collaborating with suppliers, user departments, intermediaries, service providers, customers, etc.
• Ensuring proper receiving of goods and that proper handling procedures are followed.
• Providing effective leadership and training to ensure the department has qualified, disciplined and motivated staff.
• Regularly carry out physical stock taking and on weekly and monthly basis check the whole stock and ensure it tallies with the stock cards and computer stock.
• Ensuring proper contracts are in place with suppliers as necessary.
• Ensure weekly and monthly meetings are held with HOD’S & Management staff to discuss expenses and trends.
• Ensure all documentation handled by store are posted and updated according to procedures
• Practices the company values and Guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members.
• Ensure the respect of budget/ forecast and take corrective measures when necessary.
• Responsible for maintenance of stores equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs.
• Ensures that the stores personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions.
• Responsible for stores safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
• Be a safety ambassador and ensure employees work safely and always be on the lookout for any unsafe acts or behavior.
• Promotes and practices communication and participatory management within the team.
• Generates Stores reports, regarding selection rates, receiving rates, and accounts for all labor hours, both direct and indirect.
Minimum: Diploma / Bachelor in Engineering/Science/Commerce
Desirable: - Knowledge of SAP R3