Job Purpose: Aims to increase the convenience retailing (CR) business. This growth aspiration will come from growing both the existing stores, identification of potential expansion on existing footprint and innovation.
Through the right Customer Insights, Assortment, Promotions, Pricing, Products Innovation and In-Store Customer Experience we will make the Brand of Choice for those who are on the move.
Growth in existing categories such as Snacks, Beverage, Groceries, Non-food is key to achieving this. The Category Manager for Packaged Goods & Formats will aslo lead commercial negotiations with the suppliers.
• Manage packaged goods CR categories: Snacks, Tobacco, Non-Food, Groceries, Instore Services.
• Ensure Assortment review and Category product innovation to create Competitive and Customer centric range of Products.
• On-going Category Sales, Margins, Pricing analysis with relevant action plans.
• Create and implement short-term and mid-term Category Plans in line with the Global Category Plans for the assigned Categories.
• Commercial and buying negotiations with the suppliers.
• Define and Develop annual Promotional Calendar for the assigned Categories.
• Regular Assessment of every supplier’s role: strategic, Tactical, Interchangeable or Local.
• Building up long-lasting partnerships with strategic suppliers by creating mutually beneficial Customer centric Agreements, Assortment, Annual Calendar of Promotional Activities.
• Driving the Suppliers income: Volume based rebates; Listing Fees; Promotional fees, Other fees based on Marketing activities
• Bringing high standards of Post Investment Reviews for all Promotions to ensure that learnings and opportunities are assessed and captured.
• Gathering Consumer trends information for the assigned categories from external and internal sources.
• Interface with global category manager; provide necessary reporting through to the global organization and active participation in global/regional projects making sure that CR business implements all relevant elements of the Effective suppliers management.
• Regular interactions with shop operators (both ‘Select’ and ‘Shoppers’ Operators).
• Working with Retail Finance team on reviewing shops operators Financial results and coaching operators on store profitability and cost control.
o Create customer missions insights for both from external and internal data sources in order to translate the insights into relevant Customer Value Proposition (CVP) elements.
o Identify current customer missions as well as potential missions.
o Work with Network Planning and Real Estate on creating business cases for retail station projects
o Ensure that CR related CAPEX projects are part of the annual plans.
o Work with the Local Engineering and Global Formats teams on reviewing shops layouts and shops equipment innovation for the best-in-class customer experience
o Introduce new merchandising equipment to create additional Promotional spaces
o Work together with the Global Formats team to introduce Space management principles: delivering macro and micro space planograms through a 3rd party service provider.
Qualification & Experience:
• B.Sc Engineering mechanical or Bachelor’s degree in required or equivalent experience.
• Significant Sales experience, with proven success in developing profitable business.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to build constructive relationship with customers and distributors.
• Strong Customer focus, preferably with Key Accounts and Distributors
• Channel Management, Finance, Operations and / or Business knowledge very much preferred.