1. Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of Project such as cost of machinery, construction cost, capital work in progress etc.
2. Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of operations such as raw material purchases, inventory, labour etc.
3. Analyzing data collected and recording results
4. Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, production methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
5. Analyzing actual production costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
6. Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
7. Suggest cost control methods
8. Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
9. Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
10. Maintaining Cost Accounting System
11. Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
12. Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
13. Reconciles finished goods inventories.