To manage the risk management functions at the assigned region through:
Implementation of risk management policies and practices
Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
Approving and recommending credits.
Supervising the Treasury Mid Office
• Approve/decline credit proposals within own credit approval authority or recommend credit proposals to the relevant CAA holder in compliance with bank’s credit policies, risk appetite as well as best industry practices.
• Ensure credit proposals are processed within agreed turnaround times.
• Guide business units in structuring of lines, identification of risks & mitigants, as well as in presentation of credit proposals/product programs.
Development and Implementation of Policies
• Ensure that the risk management policies including credit risk, market risk and liquidity risk are fully and effectively implemented within the country
• Develop and obtain approval for any amendments / addendums that are required in the bank’s policies due to local regulations and market practices.
• Develop and obtain approval for any risk related policies which are specifically required for the country by the regulators.
• Review the product programs (if any) and recommend for approvals in line with the credit policy.
Asset Quality and Portfolio Management
Ensure portfolio diversification in line with Risk Appetite Statement
Review periodic exception reports covering EOLs, Past Due obligations, deficiencies in documentation and follow up on regularization.
Identify early warning signals and opt for adequate remedy.
Ensure prompt classification of deteriorated accounts in line with policy and regulatory guidelines
Provide guidelines to the structured / impaired credits unit in formulating strategy/action plan for recovery through negotiation or legal action to maximize recovery of problem loans.
Market & Liquidity Risk
Oversee the Treasury Middle Office
Monitor adherence to policies/regulatory guidelines and risk appetite
Oversee preparation of MIS for timely reporting of the market risk profile to senior management, regulator and BOD.
Ensure data integrity and review processes from time to time
Ensure compliance with applicable banking regulations as well as with the bank’s credit policies, procedures and risk appetite parameters.
Address deficiencies / gaps highlighted by BRR and HOK Internal Audit and any external auditors.
Motivate and mentor direct reports and team members in working towards common goals.
Identify training and development needs of the staff and have a succession planning mechanism in place to ensure smooth operations.
Conduct performance appraisals of direct reports in line with bank’s HR policies as well as make recommendations regarding rewards promotions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BBA preferably an MBA.
• At least 10 years of relevant banking experience
• Complex transaction structures
• Dynamic regulatory & economic environment
• Maintenance of cross functional internal relationships