Fire officer role in company is to ensure readiness to respond immediately to Fire, Hydrocarbon and Toxic Gas Release, Rescue and Fire Loss Control related situations within company process & storage terminal facilities on 24/7 basis and to ensure fire safety in the company facility premises He has lead role in development of team of the fire protection, emergency response, and crisis management systems, equipment, procedures and practices and management of fire services contracts & agreements to ensure the desired level of preparedness to secure the company assets in emergencies.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
• Bachelor Degree in Fire engineering disciplines or equivalent.
• Valid driving license in Oman
• On the job training in Fire, Safety, First-aid, Emergency management will be preferred.
• Possessing fire investigation certification, OSHA/ IOSH/FIRST AID Certification is added advantage
• Can be former operational fire-fighters who have completed recognized courses on fire safety.
• Minimum 7 years of experience of fire department, including at least 5 years in petrochemical, LNG/LPG or similar hydrocarbon industries with experience in crisis management, fire & rescue operation, Fire Protection, Hazardous Material Response, Emergency Response, and Usage of Life
• Support equipment utilized within gas processing industries.
• Minimum 5 years working experience with Fire Safety Assessment (FSA), Fire Prevention, Fire Fighting, Rescue and Support activities.
• Solid experience in inspection and testing of fire equipment and vehicles.
• Solid knowledge for contract management for fire services and equipment maintenance
• Experience of development of fire manuals and other documents e.g. developing of MCPs and check sheets required for all fire safety equipment, maintenance plan.
• Experience of Commissioning & Start-up of Fire systems in Greenfield project in LPG /LNG/Refinery/Petrochemical/ Oil & Gas sectors will be added advantage.
• Experience to lead in studies and analysis on all matters related to fire protection, emergency response, crisis management to ensure adherence to all Codes and Standards, Prevention, Equipment and Systems, while preventing and minimizing loss of life and property damage as a result of incidents.
• Report to HSSE Manager, receive instructions and update status of Fire dept. activities on regular basis.
• Assist HSSE Manager in finalizing department budget and develop fire training plan.
• Responds 24 hours per day to all emergency incidents involving control of fire, gas releases, rescue or other pertinent incidents, supervises all activities at incident sites, investigates all related incidents and prepares reports including findings and recommendations in line with company HSE Accident Investigation procedures.
• Responsible to interact with O&M dept. and Business support to resolve fire related issues in Process, storage area and Facility admin building.
• Responsible to conduct regular audits, inspections & survey of company facilities to ensure compliance with international and Company fire codes and standards and prevent fire damage.
• Initiates and recommends engineering modifications of facilities to meet new fire prevention requirements.
• Responsible to monitor and lead the development of specifications of all types of systems and equipment; i.e. fire protection, firefighting, etc., to ensure meeting crisis management criteria and fire-safety design requirements.
• Responsible to directs and monitors all testing and maintenance to comply with integrity and certification requirements, including fire systems, life support equipment, BA, PPE, communication equipment, fire fighting vehicles, fire detection and alarm systems, fire pumps, ring main hydrants, fire water monitors, rim seal foam firefighting systems and equipment.
• Responsible to commands and controls the activities assigned to emergency response teams, including Fire & Rescue, Mutual Aid Organisation members, HSE & Medical, at incident scene and advises Emergency Controllers of the Alert Status throughout any incident.
• Responsible to ensure regular maintenance of Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules. Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.