The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repair & service rotating equipment in accordance to maintenance best practice & department strategy to minimize downtime, cost effective and ensure the reliability, availability of mechanical rotating equipment first line maintenance, repair, of all rotating machineries .i.e. pumps, compressor, fans and blowers in
the COMPANY Plant for safe & reliable operation and participate in shutdowns and overhauling activities.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
Minimum Diploma Mechanical or equivalent
• Minimum 5 year relevant experience as mechanical maintenance technician and 3 years in – Rotating Equipment role in LPG /LNG/Oil & Gas / Petrochemical/ Refinery Plant or equivalent experience
• Experience in condition monitoring systems of rotating equipment will be added advantage.
• Report to senior Mechanical Engineer (Rotating) for day to day activities of section. Receive instructions and update status on rotating machine maintenance, repair and other routine activities.
• Assist, Senior Mechanical Engineer and Mechanical engineers on mechanical maintenance, planning, scheduling, reporting, documentations and other activities like preparation of service contract for rotating machines, technical evaluations and budgeting. Handle the responsibilities of Superior (immediate Supervisor) as and when delegated.
• Collect and analyze maintenance related data, prepare reports for Senior Mechanical Engineer.
• Liaise with Operation, HSE and other maintenance sections to discuss day today’s issues and resolve to maximize the Reliability & Availability of plant equipment
• Carries out routine maintenance on rotating equipment, carries out visual checks of seals for leaks, disassembles equipment, replaces parts as directed, cleans equipment, replaces packing and gaskets, repairs as appropriate, checks bearings and reassembles. Ensures correct alignment and tolerances, using precision measurement instruments, such as laser alignment equipment, DTI clock gauges, micrometers, gauges and Vernier
• Carries out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes changing oils, greasing, cleaning strainers and filters and general overhaul of equipment.
• Repairs and or replaces defective parts, reassembles overhauled equipment and carries out necessary tests and performance monitoring upon start-up
• Assists in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete overhaul rotating equipment.
• Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.
• Assist in inspection of equipment for its healthiness
• Strict Adherence to Plant Safety Protocols & Good housekeeping
• Perform Continuous Improvement : Improve Reliability of Equipment/Process, Improve Safety, Improve
• Maintainability, Reduce Cost, Active participation in Major Development Projects
• Maintain / Update the job completion records
• Perform Technical investigation & Root Cause Analysis
• Give input on budget and financial projections
• Interact closely with the Planning Team and ensure smooth operation
• Request for external material and services if needed
• Ensure the KPI of the Maintenance Team is achieved
• Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
• Adhere to the Work Management Process of company processes / procedures.
• Explore Alternative materials for equipment spares to achieve cost effectiveness.
• Participate in JSA and Implement the Hazard mitigation methods.
• Participate in the Plant Health and Safety programs and ensure that all the Electrical maintenance activities are conducted as per the HSE policies and guidelines.
• Attend tool box meeting with contractors to establish scope of work, HSE requirement & permit to work (E-PTW), special tools and material.
• Perform scheduled preventive, corrective, breakdown and turnaround maintenance (shaft alignment, dynamic balancing & overhauling) of all rotating equipment.
• Perform condition monitoring/predictive routines of all rotating equipment’s and its auxiliaries, notify any abnormality or malfunction to the immediate supervisor.
• Record maintenance activities (clearances, tolerances & abnormalities) and update equipment history for future references.
• Ensure all maintenance resources (spare parts, tools & manpower) are available before doing the job/task.
• Assist maintenance contractors carrying out related work in the plant to ensure compliance with specified terms and conditions.
• Keep all tools and rotating equipment in top working condition and advise supervisor of needed repairs or replacement.
• Ensure that schedule shutdown maintenance jobs/tasks are carried out within the scheduled time frame.
• Attend on call / emergency works in the plant during silence hours / off duty.