To carry out the maintenance of company facilities and Plant equipment’s from Mechanical perspective to ensure that the Mechanical parts of equipment’s are operating as per design specifications. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for first line maintenance, repair, of all static equipment i.e. vessels, heat exchangers, columns, tank, pipes, valves etc and
Accessories in Plant for safe & reliable operation and participate in shutdowns and overhauling activities. To perform complex preventive and corrective maintenance in the plant areas – working independently under minimal supervision.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
Minimum Diploma Mechanical or equivalent
Minimum 5 years’ experience in LPG/LNG/Oil& Gas /Refinery/Petrochemicals or equivalent
• Report to senior Mechanical Engineer (Static) for day to day activities of section. Receive instructions and update status on static equipment maintenance, repair and other routine activities.
• Assist, Senior Mechanical Engineer and Mechanical engineers to ensure the KPI of the Maintenance Team is achieved on mechanical maintenance, planning, scheduling, reporting, documentations, input on budget and financial projections, maintaining& updating the job completion records, performing Technical investigation & Root Cause Analysis and other activities like preparation of service contract for rotating machines, technical evaluations and budgeting. Handle the responsibilities of Superior (immediate Supervisor) as and when delegated.
• . Collect and analyze maintenance related data, prepare reports for Senior Mechanical Engineer.
• Assist other maintenance technicians and share maintenance work load in collaborative environment.
• Liaise with Operation, HSE and other maintenance sections to discuss day today’s issues and resolve to maximize the availability of plant equipment and maintain asset integrity.
• Carries out routine maintenance on rotating equipment, carries out visual checks of -seals for leaks, disassembles equipment, replaces parts as directed, cleans equipment, replaces packing and gaskets, repairs as appropriate, checks gaskets and reassembles. Ensures correct flange tightening and flange alignment and stress free joint boxing up of pipes and vessels, using proper tightening procedures and tools.
• Carries out routine preventive maintenance of static equipment according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes changing oils, greasing, cleaning strainers and filters and general overhaul of equipment. Repairs and or replaces defective parts, reassembles overhauled equipment and carries out necessary tests
• and performance monitoring upon start-up
• Assists in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete maintenance and repair of tanks , vessels and columns, unloading and loading of catalyst and packing, change of molecular sieve, Mercaptan bed, mercury bed etc.
• Assist in inspection of equipment for its healthiness. Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.
• Assist to loading operators in LPG trucks loading and ship loading in jetty in loading arms connects and dismantling joints and other associated activities.
• Strict Adherence to Plant Safety Protocols & Good housekeeping
• Perform Continuous Improvement : Improve Integrity of static Equipment/Process, Improve Safety, Improve Maintainability, Reduce Cost, Active participation in Major Development Projects
• Interact closely with the Planning Team and ensure smooth operation
• Request for external material and services if needed. Inspect new Mechanical spare parts of equipment which are procured to be stored as stock items in the warehouse.
• Responsible for the support of company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
• Adhere to the Work management Process of COMPANY processes / procedures.
• Explore Alternative materials for equipment spares to achieve cost effectiveness.
• Carryout/Participate in JSA and Implement the Hazard mitigation methods.
• Participate in the Plant Health and Safety programs and ensure that all the Electrical maintenance activities are conducted as per the HSE policies and guidelines.
• Prepare Computerized Maintenance plan in CMMS and conduct preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance for the Mechanical parts of equipment across Plant and owned facilities.
• Implement repair services for break downs and emergencies for Plant and owned facilities as guided by the Mechanical Supervisor/Senior Engineer. Coordinate with Contractors for new projects.
• Involve in implementing reliability related projects to improve the performance of Mechanical parts of equipment.
• Conduct/Participate in investigation of root cause of failures analysis of Mechanical parts of Plant equipment and owned facilities and implement recommended solutions to avoid any un-planned equipment trips and Plant shutdowns.
• Design and carryout Mechanical Equipment/ system modifications as necessitated.
• Manage the design, development, testing and field validation of new products or modifications to existing plant equipment and provide recommendations on the Mechanical aspects of the equipment.
• Explore and Implement alternative Materials (Spare parts) to achieve Cost Effectiveness.
• Carryout/Participate in JSA and implement the Hazard mitigation methods.
• Zero equipment downtime due to maintenance faults
• Reports are accurate and timely delivered.
• Demonstrates ability to independently perform complex maintenance tasks and can supervise others.
• Demonstrates accurate knowledge transfer ability.
• Zero Lost Time Incidents due to HSE breaches and zero HSE near-misses.