Tasks and Deliverables
The Material Inspector is required for the provision of the following services, including but not limited to the following:
• Verify that the supply of materials is in compliance with the material approval submission (MAS), Project Specifications (visual and dimensional control) and Contractor Purchase Order.
• Check that material and equipment are correctly received, stored, preserved and handled.
• Check that materials are correctly identified and traceable.
• Carry out the visual checks on the materials delivered to the operating site, verifying the integrity of the supply and the correct marking of the items
• Orderly collect and manage/check documents certifying test, controls and inspection documents, ensuring that all material and testing related records are properly retrievable within the final As- Built dossier
• Issue the relevant Inspection Material Reports and Non-Conformity Reports
In support to company’s requirements above, the Contractor shall ensure that the Material Inspector meets the qualifications requirement set out below, including but not limited to:
• Familiarity with Quality Management Systems
• Ability to plan, execute and report on inspections and testing according to Quality Control Plan.
• Ability to document Inspection activities through regular reports and to update a Quality Database with the relevant information.
• Preferred international experience within the energy industry.
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office software
• A formal college degree (e.g. Mechanical / Civils / Electrical).
• followed by minimum five (5) years Construction and/or Security installation field experience
• Excellent Communication and leadership skills;
• Broad knowledge of technologies relevant to Oil & Gas Telecom related;
• Well-developed project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high stress environment with tight deadlines;
• Ability to resolve conflicts and differences of opinion;
• Good communication skills (fluent English & Arabic);Familiarity with physical security systems (CCTV, Access Control & Intruder Detection Systems).
• Middle East experience preferred