This position is to lead technical services team as head of technical services dept. of COMPANY facility. He is responsible to manage overall technical support to Operation & Maintenance team in terms of technical aspects i.e. in the field of design and development, technical drawings, cost and material estimation, project schedules and report, tender documents, provide support in plant project activities including planning for procurement, import of material and equipment, stores inspection, liaising with the concerned infrastructure establishments for obtaining necessary licenses, permits etc.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
Bachelor Degree in Chemical/Gas engineering/ Mechanical/ Electrical/Instrumentation
Engineering or equivalent
Relevant professional certification in Business management, Operation management will be preferred.
• 18+ years of relevant experience in Technical services/Operation & Maintenance of LPG Extraction & Fractionation plant or in LNG/ Oil Refinery/Petrochemicals or similar industries.
• Experience in Process Safety Management and engineering documentation control.
• Experience in conducting/leading complex technical studies or debottlenecking projects is an added advantage.
• Experience In the application of technical safety, including process safety, in an operations context desired
• As a part of the COMPANY’s Management shares responsibility for all day to day company activities and results and provides strong leadership & direction to COMPANY day to day business operations and ensures they are conducted in line with its values and Shareholders expectations.
• As Leader of the Technical Services Dept. must inspire, steer, and motivate all subordinates by providing leadership and direction for respective functions under Technical Services Dept. so that agreed business results are achieved.
• Directly report to Plant Manager, receive instructions and update status of technical department activities on regular basis. Work closely with other dept. managers i.e. Operation manager, Maintenance & turnaround manager, HSSE manager, Business support manager and Corporate services manager and other stakeholders in collaborative environment for COMPANY business objectives and targets.
• Accountable for Process engineering, Integrity, Reliability, Laboratory and Performance & Competency development sections. Guide and instruct sections lead to manage the section activities, provide support to operation & maintenance to resolve issues, improve & optimise plant performance and achieve departmental objectives and targets.
• Responsible for the healthiness of all pressure retaining assets e.g. rotating machines, static equipment, pipings and all pressure retaining equipment e.g. heaters, vessels, valves, safety valves, etc.
• Set reliability & integrity management strategies for the various assets in the organization.
• Set standards and specification for reliability & integrity management work processes which shall be inclusive from asset definition stage (i.e. concept), engineering, construction, commissioning, operation /maintenance and decommissioning.
• Responsible for development and implementation of the Technical department annual KPIs, strategy, plan, schedule & activities align with COMPANY corporate business plan and agree on the performance contract with team members to achieve the objectives.
• Plan, prepare and manage division budget including cost control and variance reviews.
• Ensure the execution all reliability and Integrity related activities including monitoring, inspections, troubleshooting, failure analysis, repair & rectification.
• Monitor the performance of the company’s reliability/integrity results. Review the compliance and improve the reliability /integrity Management Systems for continual improvement with the participation of line General Managers.
• Ensure that asset integrity Policies, Manuals, Guidelines, Specifications, Standards, and Procedures are developed, maintained, updated and implemented by all COMPANY employees.
• Ensure that adequate asset integrity audit plans are available and are implemented including attendance of resulting actions.
• Ensure that adequate inspection is carried out for piping, static equipment and facilities and that any repair work is executed within required time.
• Responsible for all technical emergency response plans procedures, preparation and execution. And ensure that emergency response plan is develop, update, educate and implemented.
• Ensure that all facilities piping, static equipment and rotary machines are operating within their life as supported by proper assessments and studies and that availability of facilities is maximized.
• Ensure that piping, static equipment and facilities are properly protected from corrosion.
• Responsible for material selection and corrosion (and other degradations) management strategies and plans for all asset types, thus including pipelines, piping and all pressure retaining equipment e.g. heaters, vessels, valves, safety valves, etc.
• Establish and develop inspection philosophies and techniques.
• Lead studies for improvements and management reports, conduct investigations for failure & incidences, audits and health checks for compliance ensuring adherence to quality standards, timelines and equipment specifications with an objective to improve asset integrity & equipment’s long term reliability. Establish and develop mitigation measures and threat control parameters.
• Establish and implement asset up gradation & rehabilitation plans. This includes long term replacement plans and strategies.
• Conduct coaching activities effectively along with the subordinates in order to enhance their performance.
• Lead and Advise on integrity & reliability training requirements for company staff.
• Represent company on all integrity & reliability aspects and ensure company requirements are adhered to.
• Responsible to ensure that up-to-date laboratory management system and competent staff are in place with most accurate laboratory equipment and instruments for quality laboratory analysis of feed stock, products and chemicals.
• Act as company management Representative and Chair Integrity senior Management meetings and implement the findings of meetings with the assistance of line managers and supervisors s.